Friday 30 August 2013

Vancouver in the rain

Hi Ho.The flight was OK after a very comfortable night in the Premier Inn at T 5.
On arrival at Vancouver we picked up our bikes only to find that the plastic was all ripped and they looked a complete mess. I seemed they had a pretty rough flight . Early next morning with bikes in our hostel room I checked them out. I now think they were searched by UK customs. Everything on the bikes had been searched. Interesting as there was probably 400 or 500 folk on the flight so maybe 600 checked bags. I know there was a very dodgy looking Chinese Laundry bag held together with brown parcel tape - so which one do they search? yep - the one in the see though plastic bag that you see what it is! !
Rained all day yesterday and took an hop on hop off bus thingy to get our bearings and hope today to get on our bikes. Vancouver first impressions - OK but a lot of homeless on the streets.
Pat n Di arrived yesterday -
gradually the team assembles.
We are in a Hostel International with the great unwashed - interesting - now I know how my youngsters lived on there travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment