Sunday 15 September 2013

Less hills more smiles part 1......

Less hills - in fact almost flat. Yestetdaywe had a bigclimb out  of Shelton onto a wooded plateax -much more wilderness than we have had. There clearly something not right about my bike - all over the road - initially I thoght flat tyre but no, then badly loaded panniers so I repacked bot no difference- then Pat saw a big wobble in my back wheel - yep slack spokes. Pat had this on his new whell in Norway - the spokes coming loose after about 100 miles. This was a new back wheel and I had related the spoke story to my bike shop.This would never happen on any wheel they built , they stressed it, glued it and done 100 other things to it - but it did happen. So Pat, Jim and I set, spoke spanners in hand and spoke tuners fingers pinging spokes - we had it sorted in no time except I now have a slight buckle. Jim checked his andhe had a slack spoke as well. Onwards and we found our lunch spot - a 100 year old tumbling down shop thing with no plumbing but good for coffee. Di struck up a dialogue with the lMichocal deadbeat - he was going to cycle to Chile and not only fancied Di's bike but I think he had an eye for her.

I then had a puncture - stone through the tyre as was the case for Pat's punctures.
What I had failed to mention was how good folk have been to us except the mechanic in Silverdale Cycle Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment