Wednesday 23 October 2013

Stuff and things.......

We have heard from Jim & Marlene and they are well and making good progress - maybe 150 or so miles ahead of us. I was musing while cycling and wondered what they thought when we met up.
Hi I am Sandy and I have dicky ticker so cannot go up hills very fast or in fact go anywhere fast.
Hi I am Pat and I have new knees, one of which won't bend too well and hampers my cycling
Hi I am Michael and I suffer from a hand problem so in the cold I cannot change gear or use my brakes.
Hi I am Di and I just do not want to be here.
Hi I am Gilly and I guess I just put up with these old  crocks.I just thought it interesting to look at it from there point of view.
From early in my life I lived by 3 very simple rules:
1. Never trust a man who does the top button of his shirt up without wearing a tie.

2. Never trust a man who tucks his vest (underdshirt in Yankee speak) into his underpants.
3. Never trust a man who wears socks with sandals.
I regret to say that when camping in Albion it was bitterly cold with a strong east wind. I resisted until I got frost bite in my toes but then had to put my sealskin socks on with my sandals. I then cycled about 10 miles with them on! Just think of my shame.
We have done a bit of tourosm - it amazing what they stick out of wondows around here.
Yosemite was spectacular - there were some climbers - just specks on the 3000ft rock face.
Our odo is 1308 mls. We have about 500 plus miles to go which sho
uld take us 16 days or so. Looking forward to getting on the road again tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment