Sunday 30 September 2012

The best laid plans ..........

n
Britany Ferries have decided that the plans we have had in place now for a few months did  not tie in with their plans - the strike has left Gilly stuck in the wet and cold of Dartmoor. Perhaps not all bad as she delayed her travel plans to be around when Katherine produced - there is still no movement and she is well overdue - it must happen soon or the quacks will intervene, which as Katherine wants a natural birth in some sort of swimming pool is not what she wants. She should have come out with me as I have been cleaning the pool here everyday!

So we have revised our plans - Gilly now sails to Santander arriving on 8th, strike permitting, I get a lift with Paul & Maggie to the north coast on 5th but to Ribadeo - about 120km to the east of our original planned starting place and I start cycling. The plan is to bump into each other at Avilès and then continue with the rest of the route. we will probably be a day or so
ahead of our original programe.

The weather here continues to be greeat. Once I have finished my chores I relax by the pool until it is time for a glass of chilled Albariño to finish a hard day in Galicia. Unfortunately it looks as if the weather is going to break just as Gilly's ferru berths!

No comments:

Post a Comment