Friday 5 October 2012

The Adventure Starts

To my daughter Katherine (& of course Phil her husband) a daughter Olivia Grace borne 4th October 8lbs 8oz - mother, daughter & husband doing well.
Tomorrow morning at first light (6th October - Gilly's birthday) Paul and Maggie are giving me a lift to the north coast to Ribadeo. I start cycling east and have about 100km to pedal to Avilés. On Monday Gilly arrives in Santander and drives west for about 200km and we meet hopefully in Avilés.
My technical attributes do not quite stretch to map making so pics will have to do.
To those who thought I was caught in the floods in SE Spain I can reassure you that Galicia is still in the NW and I am at least 1500km away from drowning! I have been near Tomiño close to Portugal and the Atlantic.
The long range weather looks good but I am expecting rain next Wdnesday.
My next update will be when I can find a wifi conection.

No comments:

Post a Comment